Regular physical activity is fun and healthy, and increasingly more people are starting to become more active every day. Being more active is very safe for most people, however some should check with their doctor before they start becoming more physically active.
Please read the questions carefully and answer each one honestly: YES or NO
- Has your Doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor? Yes or No
- Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity? Yes or No
- In the past month, have you ever had any chest pain when you are not doing physical activity? Yes or No
- Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness? Yes or No
- Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity? Yes or No
- Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs for example water pills for blood pressure or heart condition? Yes or No
- Do you have diabetes, asthma or epilepsy? Yes or No
- Are you pregnant or have you given birth in the past 3 months? Yes or No
- Do you know of any other reason why you shouldn’t do physical activity? Yes or No
If you answered yes to one or more questions:
Talk with your doctor by phone or in person before you start becoming much more physically active. Tell your doctor about the par-q and which questions you answered yes to.